THE LONDON ROLLERGIRLS
https://forum.londonrollergirls.com/

wheely confused
https://forum.londonrollergirls.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=38800
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Jessica Rammit [ Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:07 pm ]
Post subject:  wheely confused

I'm looking to buy some new wheels and have no idea what I should get as Stonebridge and COLA don't seem to be agreeing with any of my wheels!

I'm sliding a few feet with plows even on my grippier wheels - haven't gotten the hybrids out yet tho.

What's working for people at stonebridge and cola at the mo?

Author:  Jack_Attack [ Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: wheely confused

I have the blue juice/martini wheels and they seem to be good for both floors although *sometimes* stonebridge is a bit slidey/dusty for everyone. So i don't think it's the wheels in that case.

Author:  Jack_Attack [ Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: wheely confused

Jack_Attack wrote:
I have the blue juice/martini wheels and they seem to be good for both floors although *sometimes* stonebridge is a bit slidey/dusty for everyone. So i don't think it's the wheels in that case.


You probably know this already though since we live together :facepalm: #nothelping

Author:  Jessica Rammit [ Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: wheely confused

yeah was casting my net a bit wider ;)

Also I'm probably at least a good stone heavier than you - shout out to big people - what wheels are working for you?

Author:  Katie [ Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: wheely confused

I’m slowing becoming that guy who never changes their wheels. I have RollLine Gladiator 91s (?) on at the mo and they’re pretty old and all busted up form the World Cup floor. I hear the new Radar wheels are good - maybe Shaz or Juke have ones you can try? You’re welcome to try any of my RollLine wheels but they are all tall profile so you might not like them.

Author:  Jessica Rammit [ Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: wheely confused

I was looking at the gladiator wheels last night! :)
All my wheels are low profile atm but could give them a go and see if I'm swayed over.
I was on 95s but since the start of this year i went grippier to 88/91s but am just sliding way more than i want to be.

Author:  Juke Boxx [ Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: wheely confused

Jessica Rammit wrote:
I was looking at the gladiator wheels last night! :)
All my wheels are low profile atm but could give them a go and see if I'm swayed over.
I was on 95s but since the start of this year i went grippier to 88/91s but am just sliding way more than i want to be.



what are you on atm?

Author:  Katie [ Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: wheely confused

Jessica Rammit wrote:
I was looking at the gladiator wheels last night! :)
All my wheels are low profile atm but could give them a go and see if I'm swayed over.
I was on 95s but since the start of this year i went grippier to 88/91s but am just sliding way more than i want to be.

Well conveniently I'm about to go away for two weeks, but if you still want to try these after Easter let me know!

Author:  Kid Block [ Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: wheely confused

Jessica Rammit wrote:
yeah was casting my net a bit wider ;)

Also I'm probably at least a good stone heavier than you - shout out to big people - what wheels are working for you?


Hey Rammit, there are some Martini Sapphire's like Jack/Carl/Drac/Me/Abi wears available for testing, they're being passed around the league... I think BLORD has them at the moment, you're more than welcome to try them. If you don't want to slide forever then these are the wheels for you. Although I'm actually on one grippier again (Tangos/orange) because the floor is so slippy at the moment, but i'm also more used to the wheels so can go softer without feeling like they're too grippy. Check in with Blord and give them a try. They're legit game changers.

Author:  Elke Dickson [ Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: wheely confused

Katie wrote:
I’m slowing becoming that guy who never changes their wheels. I have RollLine Gladiator 91s (?) on at the mo and they’re pretty old and all busted up form the World Cup floor. I hear the new Radar wheels are good - maybe Shaz or Juke have ones you can try? You’re welcome to try any of my RollLine wheels but they are all tall profile so you might not like them.


I'm also a fan of the Gladiators and haven't needed to change. I have 92s which you are welcome to borrow. I also have the 92 RollLine hockey wheels if you want to try. I am waiting patiently for the 59s to be released but am keen to try the halos in the meantime.

Author:  Jessica Rammit [ Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: wheely confused

Thanks Kid! I'll check in with Blord :)

Juke I'm on yellow bullet wheels and some old atom wheels that are 91 - got them in 2014 :D

My 95s are prestos and atom jukes.

Can I try your 92s please Elke?

Author:  Beth Lord [ Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: wheely confused

I wear Bont assassins and also never change my wheels, They're actually the 95 ones which seems slippy but i love them on every floor generally. I've also blocked, jammed, pivoted, done all the things with them...

I do have the ones from Kiddo, I took them for Abi... can't vouch for them as never tried them but they evidently have a strong fan base!

Author:  Juke Boxx [ Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: wheely confused

Jessica Rammit wrote:
Thanks Kid! I'll check in with Blord :)

Juke I'm on yellow bullet wheels and some old atom wheels that are 91 - got them in 2014 :D

My 95s are prestos and atom jukes.

Can I try your 92s please Elke?


Well your hubs are suppper flexy and bullets tend to cone out so I'd say youre prolly in dire straights right now. Prestos are great and I like them for concrete but I really like the halos for sportcourt. They ride differently but they are light and stiff so I just got used to using them all the time. If you wanna give them a go let me know, I've got some 91s in my bag and I think they might even have ceramic bearings in them.

Author:  Jazmyn Sadri [ Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: wheely confused

Juke Boxx wrote:
Jessica Rammit wrote:
Thanks Kid! I'll check in with Blord :)

Juke I'm on yellow bullet wheels and some old atom wheels that are 91 - got them in 2014 :D

My 95s are prestos and atom jukes.

Can I try your 92s please Elke?

Well your hubs are suppper flexy and bullets tend to cone out so I'd say youre prolly in dire straights right now. Prestos are great and I like them for concrete but I really like the halos for sportcourt. They ride differently but they are light and stiff so I just got used to using them all the time. If you wanna give them a go let me know, I've got some 91s in my bag and I think they might even have ceramic bearings in them.

Juke I would like to try these. Rammit gets first crack. But I'm sliding loads and softest wheels right now are 93s.

Author:  Jessica Rammit [ Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: wheely confused

Oo - Beth can I try the Juice wheels please?

Can I also try your wheels Juke? Happy for Jaz to try before me if she’s having major issues atm.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/