Things that actually protect your knee from twisting?

Need advice on what skates and pads to buy? Upgraded your skates/pads/wheels and want to sell the old ones? Want to let the new girls know they can borrow your sweaty old kneepads? This is the place.

Moderators: Dr Jean Knockout, Katie

Lisa Goers

Things that actually protect your knee from twisting?

Post by Lisa Goers »

I twisted my left knee at SDRD last week, and while it seems fine 90% of the time, there is a certain kind of fall onto that knee that can feel painful now.

I have seen people use a number of things that are supposed to protect against twisting, but what actually works? I have these bandages that are like not very good gaskets and probably have mostly placebo protective effect.

I have seen people use those plastic brace things, but that's seems quite an extreme measure, or not?

Anyone tried using the atom knee pads as gaskets (as I have heard people do)?
Lisa Görs (Goers) 99
Batter C Power
Pack Cmile!
Website & Filming
=)
ಠ_ಠ

Fox Sake
Team: Steam Rollers

Re: Things that actually protect your knee from twisting?

Post by Fox Sake »

The TSG knee gaskets have removable steel inserts down the sides that are supposed to help protect your knee from twisting.
#04 Fox Sake

geek-in-chief : boring finance type : forum admin : social media monkey : WFTDA rep : chronic pie-fingerer : printer lady mostly retired

"Do what you want and live with the consequences." -- Alice Munro

Total Frey-Hem

Re: Things that actually protect your knee from twisting?

Post by Total Frey-Hem »

I wear a Macdavid metal knee brace to stop moment in my knee cap, after dislocated it. here is a link, I have never had any moment in last 2+ years of wearing it for Roller derby.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mcdavid-Pro-Sta ... id+support

prices vary I spent about £60 for mine.
Freya
Line up for Brawling