THE LONDON ROLLERGIRLS

no excuses - just great roller derby
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:21 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Public Forum: Advice for starting a B-Team
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:18 pm 

Hey guys,

We had the following email from Hertfordshire Roller Derby asking our advice on how to best establish a B-team within their league:

Quote:
Hey London Roller Girls,

I would like to ask your advice on B teams.

I represent a group of derby players who are about to pass their min skills and we are now wanting to work towards producing a B team. Who best to ask but the London Roller Girls as you do have the best B team in Europe!

I am asking on behalf of the Hell’s Belles from Hertfordshire Roller Derby as this is first time ever in the history of our league that we have enough skaters to even have a B team!

I wanted to ask if you have any advice and/or important tips we should know to successfully start up our B team?

Looking forward to seeing the power of the B teams at the season opener with Batter C Power and Brawl Saints on 12th March!

Many thanks,

Fay
Aka Captain Morgue
Hell’s Belles Roller Girls

Made this topic public so I can link it back to them and they can easily access any tips or advice people might post below.

Tess Robinson | #75 | POOL COACH | Brawl Saints (Team Bout Liaison) | info@ Responder | Forum Mod | UKRDA Director
tess@londonrollergirls.com

Post subject: Re: Public Forum: Advice for starting a B-Team
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:36 pm 

Tess Robinson wrote:

Who best to ask but the London Roller Girls as you do have the best B team in Europe!

:heart2: :heart2:

I work with Vera Offtrack from Hell's Belles so would be happy to chat to her about Brawl Saints-y stuff over a coffee and have any advice fed back that way. We briefly discussed this just now.

I wasn't around in the early days of Brawl Saints (or really Batter C) though, so perhaps someone who was has some specific thoughts on the process of actually setting up the team and insights from that perspective would be valuable.

Brat #1205
Press contact. Comms oddbod. Esteemed Christmas Elf. Pool coach.
Brawl Saints

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:53 pm 
Skater

Brat Worst wrote:
Tess Robinson wrote:

Who best to ask but the London Roller Girls as you do have the best B team in Europe!

:heart2: :heart2:

I work with Vera Offtrack from Hell's Belles so would be happy to chat to her about Brawl Saints-y stuff over a coffee and have any advice fed back that way. We briefly discussed this just now.

I wasn't around in the early days of Brawl Saints (or really Batter C) though, so perhaps someone who was has some specific thoughts on the process of actually setting up the team and insights from that perspective would be valuable.

I'm not sure who is still around who was involved directly in that other than Bette. I personally don't remember much about, but then that would be because I clearly wasn't directly involved in it.

Ok, Raw, you are right about this! You're the most sensible person in LRG :heart1:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:17 pm 
Skater

I feel like I should remember this. I don't really know....I guess as soon as we had enough people, we just made a B-team! LOL.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:26 pm 
Skater

But this was also when we had home teams too so set up was probably quite different to if you only have TT's.