THE LONDON ROLLERGIRLS

no excuses - just great roller derby
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:25 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Bout Day Breakfasts
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:40 am 

Very important roller derby piece: http://www.sportsister.com/2017/03/10/b ... llergirls/

Brat #1205
Comms oddbod. Esteemed Christmas Elf. Pool coach. Skater advocate.
Brawl Saints

Post subject: Re: Bout Day Breakfasts
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:29 am 

Yay!

Also Creep has beautiful crockery.

#240 Batter C Power
Batter C Bout Liaison, Comms, Rec League Training

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:49 pm 

Yes! My favourite is Kid making a smiley face with her breakfast.

If we haven't already, this could make a nice piece for sharing on social and could be used as some alternative content for promoting Anarchy?

Brat #1205
Brawl Saints

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:51 pm 

Brat Worst wrote:

If we haven't already, this could make a nice piece for sharing on social and could be used as some alternative content for promoting Anarchy?

It's been shared on Twitter - it'll go into the queue for Facebook as we're pretty heavy on content at the mo :)

Freebird.

Director

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:54 pm 

Florence the Machine wrote:
Brat Worst wrote:

It's been shared on Twitter - it'll go into the queue for Facebook as we're pretty heavy on content at the mo :)

Yeah I figured it'd be one to keep in the mix if we're running low on new ways to say BUY TICKETS. Thanks!

Brat #1205
Brawl Saints

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:01 pm 

Shared on FB and Twitter, love the idea !

I think nutrition can be a big deal - at least for me since I've significantly reduced my consumption of meat - how do people get the best energy from their meals?

At bouts I tend to eat a few hours before but equally I don't want to stuff my face (not pleasant and feeling snoozy otherwise) but if I overdo at the game I just feel sick (you know that sickness when you over exercise?)
Is that a lack of endurance? Bad eating? Too much drinking during the game? I try to take small sips of water but I do tend to feel squeasy by the second period.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:45 am 

BeaterSweet wrote:
Shared on FB and Twitter, love the idea !

I think nutrition can be a big deal - at least for me since I've significantly reduced my consumption of meat - how do people get the best energy from their meals?

At bouts I tend to eat a few hours before but equally I don't want to stuff my face (not pleasant and feeling snoozy otherwise) but if I overdo at the game I just feel sick (you know that sickness when you over exercise?)
Is that a lack of endurance? Bad eating? Too much drinking during the game? I try to take small sips of water but I do tend to feel squeasy by the second period.

Hey, personally I try to think quite carefully about what I eat on bout day and stick to quite a strict time regime so I don't end up with the snoozy full feeling when I'm playing. I like to feel quite light in the stomach and so try to do a bigger meal earlier and then lighter snack options throughout the day. I try to eat things that have slow release energy in the morning - e.g porridge, and then just over two hours before I play I have a quick bite of something like pasta, quinoa or nuts / dried fruit that I bring with me. I am trying to work much harder on hydrating properly (now even the day before thanks to reading about Creep's bout day breakfast) and use electrolytes in my water to retain energy during the game.

I tried to find a good article explaining the whole slow release energy thing and how to feed yourself for sports... this is the best I came up with: http://www.myprotein.com/thezone/nutrit ... out-foods/

Brat #1205
Brawl Saints